Here are some tips for recording your own webcam and/or screen. This would be for PRE-recording a segment, and then uploading that file, not for going live in the moment.
SCREEN RECORDING VIA ZOOM
For highest quality recording when capturing both camera and screen, you can use a third party software called 'Loom', among others. This is a straightforward recommendation. Additionally if you are only using Zoom to record yourself with PowerPoint slides, please see Self-Recording Using PowerPoint. Another option is to use Zoom, with which you are likely familiar.
Our instructions for using Zoom are listed below:
1) Open the ‘Zoom’ application. When open navigate to the settings menu by clicking the cog/gear icon in the upper right hand portion of the window.
2) In the ‘Video’ tab, ensure that ‘Enable HD’ is activated by clicking the check box next to the item. In the 'Recording' tab you see or change the location on your hard drive where local recordings will be stored.
3) Start a new meeting. Once you are in the new meeting, you can select your audio and camera source by clicking on the caret (^) next to the camera and microphone icons.
4) To begin recording, press the record button on the bottom bar and choose ‘Record on this Computer’. This will remove the names from the bottom corner of the recordings and will allow you to access the file saved on your hard drive after the recording ends.
5) To stop recording, press the ‘Pause/Stop Recording’ button. When you end the meeting, the file location of your recording should pop-up in a new window. You can also find your recording at the file path specified in your recording settings.